Susie's keyham views CLUES all boxes missing

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Roo

#16 Post by Roo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:35 am

I thought all walk organisers HAD to put the dated the walk is being officially taken in on their clue sheets - or is it just me that's been taken in? :wink:

Mad moorland muppet
Hiker
Hiker

#17 Post by Mad moorland muppet » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:07 pm

If in doubt - so long as there is a phone number or e-mail address then you could always contact them to find out. Sometimes it pays to do the same if a walk nas been out for a few months because then you are aware of any problems with it as well.

Fulchet
Adventurer
Adventurer

#18 Post by Fulchet » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:54 pm

All the walks i've bought over recent months have had the start and finish dates on them, so haven't had any problems.

A couple of the walks I bought in the winter, because I bought them so late, also advised of any problems and provided copies of stamps that were missing.

Tina
next target 2000 - hopefully some time in 2010 (ha, ha, make that 2013)
Tina

Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

#19 Post by Nik - KOTM » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:44 pm

Setting out a walk is a torrid affair these days - while a couple of years ago people used to put out a walk taking their bearings and then publishing the clues all for a quid!

Now... you have to ask the DPA if you can - in what area - get permission - get a list of potential sites - get permission - site the boxes and get someone to check the site - then you can publish your clues - so it aint easy as it was anymore.
Though you can possibly get away with a one day walk as long as the boxes are removed on that day!
Seems legislation has taken a lot of the fun out of it!
:(
Then the price has escalated - which to me puts me off - shame really!
I am happy to donate the price to a charity than bother to go out and look for them - and quite often some of the quality of the stamps is pretty poor whereas others are excellent!
Nik 245 to go

The Sly Fox
Trekker
Trekker

#20 Post by The Sly Fox » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:04 pm

lmao @ "nutjob"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This fox is the hunter, not the hunted !!
1,578 and counting ...

Roo

#21 Post by Roo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:21 pm

The Sly Fox wrote:lmao @ "nutjob"
They are a worryingly common breed. Probably related to Gremlins - I think they multiply when you put water on them... :twisted: