Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eureka Gang!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> How I started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eurekaclaire
Drifter
Drifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Eureka Gang! Reply with quote

I first started letterboxing when i was about 7 or 8 with my Grandparents and we formed the Eureka Gang. I stopped when I was about 13, I think the teenager in me took over!
When I came back from University in the Easter and Summer Holidays, Grandad used to take me up and we'd do a few 'roadies'. Now I'm 25, I'm back in Devon and love nothing more than to spend a day on the moors. I'm starting to get back into letterboxing now. My grandmother died in 2009 and I still miss her everyday. Being on the moor helps me to feel closer to her somehow because it is a place she loved so much.
I was part of the 100 club years ago, I'm not sure whether my membership will be still valid? I definitely have none of the paper work and i've lost the little material badge Sad

I remember my first letterbox was the 'Bunny Box' (i think?) which we found near Haytor Quarry. Does anyone else remember this box?
The_Tailchaser
Ambler
Ambler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claire, are we talking about John and Hazel here?
eurekaclaire
Drifter
Drifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - yes I am! Do you know them?
The_Tailchaser
Ambler
Ambler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claire, yes I do and I was very sad to hear about Hazel. I had no idea until I read your post. I use to see John and Hazel at the Wednesday waffle. Hazel didn't fequent it so much as John, but it was always a laugh when Hazel visited. I've shared a cup of tea with them at the house and I think I saw John at the meet yesterday and just as I was going to say hello, smeone distracted me and when I looked round for John, he had disappeared. Please tell him that Tracy said hello and give him a big hug from me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> How I started All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: