Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the beginning...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> How I started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadDog
Drifter
Drifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: In the beginning... Reply with quote

I remember it well, I was 14 and my cadet unit had gained entry to the Ten Tors Challenge. Although the actual weekend is time-fogged & hazy the thing that sticks in my mind the most was stamping my notebook on Ger, Hare and Doe Tors amongst others. This particular weekend cemented my passion for Dartmoor which has never left me. I joined the forces at 16 where trekking over moors was part of the job! I soon became a mountain leader and was happiest tramping through the most inaccessible parts of the UK. On leaving the forces the humdrum of 9 - 5 meant I couldnt get out walking as much as I'd liked. However, last year I decided to get back into it again after a few years break, naturally one of my first expeditions had to be Dartmoor! Love the scenery, solitude and the ruggedness of Dartmoor. Letterboxing is a great way of making sure I get to explore every square kilometere of the moor!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> How I started All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: