Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dartmoor firing notice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Letterboxing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Dartmoor firing notice Reply with quote

For some reason the MOD have altered their pages so cutting and pasting the information isn't as easy as it used to be... until I can figure out a simple way of cutting and pasting the info, I am going to leave the link to the pages up there.... this is the link, and the other link will also work.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dartmoor-firing-programme

Would appreciate a little feedback if you have found the firing link useful over the years
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Very useful - its my north moor bible. Wouldn't venture up there without checking the list first. Too far to go and a waste of expensive fuel if you get there and can't walk the range.
The Wandering Artist
Trekker
Trekker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Dartmoor firing notice Reply with quote

No matter where anyone obtains the information of Range Firing - access - it is absolutely essential it is known , acknowledged, and abided by, at all times by ALL those wishing to walk Dartmoor within the Range areas!
Not to do so is very foolhardy, and ( I would hope!) probably a criminal act.
The Wandering Artist
Trekker
Trekker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Dartmoor firing notice Reply with quote

From 'A Guide for Walkers' leaflet :
Quote- ''Entry into the Range Danger Area displaying warning signals is forbidden and is of course dangerous''.
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have managed to get something up, though it is a bit fuzzy, call it work in progress...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Letterboxing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: