Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unknown box recovered - Saddle Tor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Missing or Damaged Letterboxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Unknown box recovered - Saddle Tor Reply with quote

East side of Saddle Tor.

Found this today - lid was smashed and it was left out in the open. Full of water but otherwise intact. Several bits of logbook and lid had blown around and I felt it had crossed the line between letterbox and rubbish, so I bagged what I could reach and brought it home.

The stamps are shop-bought ones, not hand carved nor could I see any box names etc. Two of them, one of a turtle (rubber separate from block), one a christmas penguin.

If anyone recognises it and wants the book pulp and the two stamps back, let me know.

The Sly Fox
Trekker
Trekker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame to be let to the elements. It looks like the owner thought to use a grip-seal container.
Sadly, I have found many boxes in this sorry state.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Missing or Damaged Letterboxes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: