Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Sunday 30th Oct - LandRover keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_bodd
Drifter
Drifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Lost Sunday 30th Oct - LandRover keys Reply with quote

Bob N - 07802 431368

Keyring containing: LandRover key + House Key + Small keys

Distinguished by: Fob saying 'Pentland LandRover'

Location: Lost between Buckfastleigh (South Devon Railway carpark) and top of Dart 'Loop'

The funny side (?) : Self + 2 in wet suits after kayaking. Stood in carpark for hours in rain - attempting vehicle break-in. Failed. Vehicle + occupants all recovered to midlands. Phones, wallets, dry clothes locked in car until following day. Vehicle at home but still immobilised. Uncomfortable security at M5 service station. Entered in wetsuits at 1am for toilet.

Lesson: Spare keys handy

The Wandering Artist
Trekker
Trekker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Lost Sunday 30th Oct - LandRover keys Reply with quote

OK -I will ask the obvious question - if you are in wet suits where would you have put the keys?
Didn`t you have a 'minder' (wife, partner or 'friend?) to look after your vehicle, belongings, and as a safety factor?
bob_bodd
Drifter
Drifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was with 26 others - all paddlers. I dropped boats and fellow passengers off at top of loop. Drove to Buckfastleigh with 6 other cars. Parked up quick to help someone who'd ripped bicycle off roof of car going under low bridge into railway carpark. Self and drivers of 4 other cars get into one car and drive to top of loop. Was meant to transfer my keys to my Otter dry box in boat. Realised i hadn't done it half way through paddle. Thought 'must be in friends car had been in previously'. Sadly not and mind blank over what i might have done with them. Probably on river bed now but need to ask - just in case. Thanks..

Unfortunately immobilisers seem to be one thing LRover do very well Very Happy
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily done. I walked past a car at great plantation on sunday and saw the driver had left the keys in the ignition. I tutted at that.

I went for a walk at Fingle Bridge last night, realised half a mile in that I'd left my own keys hanging out the door...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Lost and Found All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: