Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found: The Cornish Gardens: The Japanese Garden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Missing or Damaged Letterboxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Found: The Cornish Gardens: The Japanese Garden Reply with quote

Was walking between Stannon Tor and the Beehive last night. Area had been swaled over winter and I found a letterbox lying out in the open. There was no nearby hole and the outer of two pill pots had been melted.

It took some opening with my multitool to reach the intact inner pot, and on opening that, I found a stamp without any logbook. This pot was half full of water and the rubber has separated from the wooden block.

The rubber of the professionally cut stamp is in reasonable condition and once dried out could be re-glued. Back home I've taken a good imprint and got the name from that, as per title.

Accurate location of finding: N50 36.960 W3 55.302

I've taken it off the moor as I couldn't locate it and it was now litter - but if the owner wants it returned, I'll hold it for a while and they can collect from me at Hennock.

Drop me a line at digdilem (At-remove-this) gmail.com as I don't often read these forums now.
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Woodford Wonderers for providing a link to the owners whom I've contacted.

Looks like it was part of a 19-box charity walk put out in 2010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Missing or Damaged Letterboxes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: