Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index Dartmoor Letterboxing
The Letterboxing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Earth Photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Letterboxing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davy of the Moors
Drifter
Drifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Google Earth Photos Reply with quote

As letterboxers we have a good eye for locations on the moors, I find that at least once a week I am having to inform a photographer that he has misplaced his photo. The last time I looked the Houses of Parliment and Big Ben were not on the moors and a lot of the photos are mis-placed by at least 5 miles. If you can correct any photos and if the photographer does not relocate it Panoramio who runs the site will remove the photo at their next update. Today I have shown that a photo that is placed near Ducks Pool should be placed near Combestone Tor. After all there are not many people who know the moor as well as Letterboxers
NUMBER 70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Dartmoor caravan and camping park Reply with quote

Davy
whilst searching for places to stay for the commonwealth games at Glasgow this year. I stumbled upon the Google balloon for Dartmoor caravan and camping park about 15 Miles South West of Edinburgh

Its still there just off the A702 at West Linton

That's wrong place, county and country! it should be at Drewsteignton, Exeter

Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartmoor Letterboxing Forum Index -> Letterboxing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: