Wanted: Dartmoor Catalogue

Buy, sell, exchange, & highlight items on ebay. We cannot accept responsibility for any aspect of any transaction that may take place. Please exercise care before parting with money and let us know if you have problems of any kind.

Moderator: Moderators

redcurl
Drifter
Drifter

Wanted: Dartmoor Catalogue

Post by redcurl »

Hi,

I'm an American Letterboxer with hopes of eventually making it over to Dartmoor to letterbox there too. I was hoping someone had a spare Catalogue of clues they could mail me. I could paypal you for it. I want to see one of the Catalogues, and then maybe do a set of boxes here in America that have more British style clues in them. Please PM me if you have a copy you could mail me!

Thanks!
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

Hi Red Curl, welcome to the site.
I am just wondering exactly how "obsessed" as a letterboxer you will want to become? Have you tried EBay.co.uk? I only say this because most letterboxers I know tend to hang onto their old copies of their catalogues mainly as a reference to some of the old boxes out there.

The style is quite simple

Name of Box: Map Ref (preferably 6 digits though it can be none 4, 8 or 10)

For example...
BUTTERN ROCKS. . *** ***. (Catalogue Number)
Under part veg covered lintel rock , east face showing. Kes tor 320*. North end of S’ly O/C Buttern 140*. Forest gap 070*. A large 5’ long 2’ high rock 7 paces/100*. 45 paces on 230* from north end of Buttern rocks,

(Note to the astute readers this is purely a fictitious box, none of the bearings will line up)
Nik 245 to go