Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Hiker
Hiker

Have ewe seen this - Devonport Leat

Post by John »

Hello,

I recently came across this box. I have taken a copy of the stamp, but for my own record can anyone tell me if this is a registered box, WoM or charity box? The box had nothing indicating it had a registered number, and it's not listed in my Spring 2017 catalogue. (We can't escape when the clocks change in the Spring, but I sometimes forget to go to the meet to get a new catalogue!)

The box title suggests it's part of a series. The earliest entry in the book in the box was from 2017. However, I found this box in an area we frequently walk, and I'm sure it has not been there for the past couple of years. If someone could let me know the clue, then we can decide if the box is in the correct place or not.

Thanks,

John.
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Have ewe seen this - Devonport Leat

Post by trekkernod »

Where did you find the box? Perhaps that information might help others to identify the box / stamp.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
John
Hiker
Hiker

Post by John »

trekkernod wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:19 am Where did you find the box? Perhaps that information might help others to identify the box / stamp.
The subject line is the name of the box (as given in the book in the box). So it should be possible to just look up the name in the catalogue - if it is registered to be included. I don't have a recent catalogue, so I can't do it myself.

I was trying to avoid saying where I actually found the box. I haven't been on this forum for some time, but it used to be that the actual location of a box was not disclosed in case it was then stolen. As a starter though it was found within SX5975.

John.
smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

Post by smartieb »

This is a wom series put out by John Cull.
There are a large number of this series, approaching 100 on the moors, still plenty to find!
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
John
Hiker
Hiker

Post by John »

Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the delay! I kept going out on the moors and thinking "must log into the letterboxing forum", but by the time I got home I had forgotten! :(
I visited the area of this letterbox today (just out walking the dog), and it is still there. Thinking about it, although I had visited the area many times, I probably hadn't noticed the box before because it is somewhat tucked away (as it should be).

John.