Found our first travelling box :- ) lost a radio :-(

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

UniS
Hiker
Hiker

Found our first travelling box :- ) lost a radio :-(

Post by UniS »

We had a day out today, along the Taw valley to site 2 boxes and see if we could find a few more. Started out with a box from the Belstone Village hall walk- nice stamp, would look good in 2 colours. Then on along the valley peering under rocks as we went. Found few by this method. Eventually it was time to head up hill and re-site the "walk like an Egyptian box) that done we hunted out a good site for our first ( hand carved) box. Moor Harmony is now settling into its new home under a rock overlooking the Taw Marsh scene the stamp shows. Bonus copies of our traveller for first few to find.

Down hill to the Taw ford and the boy's gaiters proved to be up to teh job and we all kept dry feet through a few inches of rushing water. Then one of our walkie talkies proved to be missing in action. The boy and I continued on to find Ottre Pixie while UniP retraced his steps to try ( and fail) to find radio.

Ottery Tor reached and GPS less, Boy and I found Ottre Pixie by compass work and hunting - Hurrah. Then found it also contained a travelling box. - Even bigger hurrah. Where to place it next is the big question... needs to be a reasonable large box, not going to fit in a small pill pot.

Hopefully I'll get my second box in my " beacon villages groups" series sited later this week, it needs to be on a site that one can see the victory hall from.
Wheres it to ?